Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Silly Two Year Olds
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
What's the silliest thing your two year old does?

Do they crack you up with silly faces or silly sounds? Do they dance to certain songs or music? Do they do something silly when they are excited?

Share the silly side of your LO!

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

mikimom2010 responded:
My daughter cracks us up with the new expressions she learns daily. Those eyebrows are continously raised and shoulders shrugged when she says "I don't know mommie, where is it??"

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to mikimom2010's response:
I love it! And can just picture the eyebrows and shoulders! Do you think she is imitating anyone?

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

tlkittycat1968 responded:
DD has to dance to the Jeopardy theme music during Final Jeopardy. She also had to dance to the COPS theme song.

I love the way she pronouces things. She calls the refigerator a frigelator and calls the day care lady's daughter Vananah instead of Savanah.

RaisingLittleReds responded:
Whenever we give our daughter something instead of just saying "thank you" she says "thank you, you're welcome". She likes to beat us to saying "you're welcome"

mikimom2010 replied to mikimom2010's response:
she definitely gets it from me, I talk with my hands & I am very expressive.

laney0705 responded:
Definetly the faces she makes are just classic. She also loves to lip synch to songs and she is so dramatic when she does it, closes her eyes and sways. it cracks us up. i never seem to have my video camera around when she's doing it of course. but i have to get her on video it's too precious to miss those moments.

She is also potty training right now and when she sits on the potty to pee she sticks her tongue out. it's so funny, not sure why she does that.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
The mispronounced words, dancing, silly faces are so much fun! Hope you are writing these things down, taking pics or movies.

Any of you LO's have an imaginary friend yet?
Elizabeth

julieamom responded:
My 2 year old loves the sound of his own laugh and makes about 20 different laugh sounds. He also has some amazing vocabulary for his age and can talk in paragraphs length sometimes. He refers to himself in 3rd person a lot and says things like "Connor do it" and "Connor doesn't like that" he has lots of expressions

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to julieamom's response:
I love hearing kids talk in the 3rd person. I have often wondered why they do this. Do you think it is because they hear us talking about them and referring to them by using their name?
Elizabeth

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am first and for most a mother, wife, friend, worker, then full time student. I attend Louisiana State University full time, and try to work a littl...More

Helpful Tips

2 1/2 yr old Will Not Eat Regular Food
My 2 1/2 yr old grandson will not eat regular food for lunch or diner. He only wants baby food. We have tried puree the food, putting it in ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.