Skip to content
My almost 2yr old son ambarassingly fondles himself-incessantly
An_245395 posted:
I don't know what to do. He is constantly fondling himself and Im not sure how to react. The pediatrician said to hand him a toy to keep his hands busy, but it's no longer working. I don't want to make it into a big deal, but I'm afraid it's turning into one! Any thoughts? PS I have a 3 yr old son who has never acted this way.

hoping2beamom responded:
Hi, my 2 1/2 year old daughter has been doing this for a while now as well. I talked to her and told her that playing with herself is okay and can feel good, but that it is something that has to be done in her bedroom. That seems to be working, however she still does it, especially if she is tired or bored. At one point, the pediatrician said it could be a sign of potty training readiness. Good luck, you are not alone!

karivalles replied to hoping2beamom's response:
talked to my daughter about this because she touches her self sometimes. i told her that is a naughty place and nobody should touch her there. that is for going to the bathroom. she only does it when she's naked or wearing just her panties but i told her its not nice. i think its curiosity.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 27 year old Canadian mom of 1. DH and I have been married for 3 years in June. I work full-time as a geologist, and my DH is a survey tech a...More

Helpful Tips

i agree with kittykatk8
resetting should help. i do the same thing with potty training. i would get my little girl up abpout every 3-4 hrs and make her go and she ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.