Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Blood in my 2 year old stool ???
perez125 posted:
Please give me advise. My 2 year girl had blood in her stool it was also hard and somewhat dark not black but a bit dark. I am very scare

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi perez125 and Welcome -

I can certainly understand your concern. Please contact her pediatrician to have this evaluated, since it is difficult to guess what's going on.

In the meantime this info, Blood in Stool: Causes and Diagnosis , may be helpful.

Hope you find answers soon and please keep us posted with what you find out,
Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

perez125 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
I took her to her pediatrician and he prescribe a laxative for constipation also medicine for the fissures she had inside do to the constipation that's why I fund the blood in her stool. She is doing better and I just have to make her drink more water and eat more fiber. THANK YOU so much for the advise!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a Stay at Home Mom of 2 kids, Melly-Bean who is 2 and Devin-Monkey who is 6. We live in rural Northern Maine in a small town of 2,000 or so peopl...More

Helpful Tips

tips please toddler refuses to sleep in his crib....
how can I put my 1 and a half to sleep in his crib the whole night ?? More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.