Skip to content
How do I put my 2yr old to sleep on his own?
babyduefeb posted:
I have a 29 month old son who in his crib would always go to bed on his own without any problems. Well now that we have him in a twin bed he will no go to bed alone. Every single night either my husband aor I will have to go lay down with him until he falls asleep which sometimes can take 30 minutes. He is definitely not afraid of his bed but we are at a loss on what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips that have worked for you?

tbkittycat responded:
Trust me, you don't want your child to get used to you lying with him. My SIL still has to do that with her younger kids and they're 4 & 3.

Just abuot the only thing you can do is put him to bed and close the door. If he gets up, put him back in bed without saying anything. You may have to do this many times and for several nights but eventually he'll get the idea.

babyduefeb replied to tbkittycat's response:
Thank you and I will try this starting tonight.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Laura. I have been on WebMD since TTC my first (2003) but had to change my screen name a couple of times. Kyra is 5 years old and Kaden is ...More

Helpful Tips

tips please toddler refuses to sleep in his crib....
how can I put my 1 and a half to sleep in his crib the whole night ?? More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.