Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
my 2 1/2 year old has had loose stools/diahrea
julieamom posted:
My son has had loose stools of varying consistency for about 8 days. It caused a diaper rash. I have talked to the Dr. and they say as long as he is not dehydrated and not bleeding that it will probably run its course. I am wondering if anyone else has an issue. Most of his life he has had mushy poop with occassional hard solid like poop. but 75% of the time its like mushy greenish finger paint or something. But then it has been blowing out of his diaper and he had a diaper rash. He acts fine other then nasal drip.

tbkittycat responded:
Try giving him apple sauce, bananas, and cheese. All are binding and will help with the loose stools. Also, try not to give him too much juice as the sugar will cause the loose stools to continue.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Amanda and I am an Air Force wife with a 2 year old son named John Kenneth. We are currently stationed at Davis-Monthan AFB in Tucson, AZ. ...More

Helpful Tips

Milk
Has your little one decided to boycott milk? If so, dont "sugar coat" it with strawberry or chocolate. Try adding a small amount of vanilla ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.