Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Sleep
    An_246870 posted:
    My 22 month old boy is NOT sleeping well. He wakes in the night and will not go back to sleep. I have consulted with the doctor and tried the following: Chamomile tea, lavender bath, he has a consistent bed time routine, the doctor suggested Benadryl some nights as well as Melatonin for a week 1 mg (neither one of those are given the same eevening) Last night he was up from 12:00 am to 4:00 am. I am at a loss... ??? He also has a blanket that he takes to bed at night. Is there something I am missing...other suggestions? Thank you...

tbkittycat responded:
    Is there something new going on in your household or in his life? Has he learned a new skill?

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Welcome Anon -

Yikes, this does sound frustrating! Is he still napping during the day? If so, how much?

While waiting for other moms to chime in, here is a resource to check out - Tackling Toddler Sleep Problems

Let us know if it is helpful,
    Elizabeth
    Elizabeth
    ~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mom to a 2yr old boy & 1yr old girl. My son is considered delayed in his speech development. He has no known hearing problems and is enro...More

Helpful Tips

Milk
    Has your little one decided to boycott milk? If so, dont "sugar coat" it with strawberry or chocolate. Try adding a small amount of vanilla ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    15 of 22 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.