Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My son won't leave grandma
stefanymujica posted:
My son is 2 1/2 yrs old. My husband and I were separated while I had my son so my mother offered me to help me look after him while I worked and went to school. My husband and I worked out our differences and decided to give our marriage a try and moved in together for about two months now. However while in the first two weeks of moving in my mother asked to take care of my son while we got settled, I thought I will be a good idea. My problem comes now that for about a month my son refuses to come with us. The days he has stayed with us, he has cried and cried until either he fell asleep of crying or I called grandma. I do admit that my husband and I have been relying a lot on my mother to see after our son while we got settled and fixed our house but now that we are ready to be a family, I feel my son prefers them over us or even me. I don't know what to do and it's making me feel very unhappy about myself. What should I do to separate them or at least make my son understand he has to come with us without feeling awful for separate them or watch him cry for her for hours at end?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a wonderful 2 year old boy who loves to drive his momma crazy. I also have an 11 year old step daughter and 13 year old step son. 4 angels in h...More

Helpful Tips

Milk
Has your little one decided to boycott milk? If so, dont "sugar coat" it with strawberry or chocolate. Try adding a small amount of vanilla ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 22 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.