Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
MY ALMOST 3 YEAR OLD WANTS A NINTENDO 3DS IS IT SAFE TO BUY ONE FOR HER?
Anon_38875 posted:
Hi I have a 2 year old who will be 3 in less than 3 months from now. She's very bright for her age and I was wondering if it there are any studies done on the side effects of a nintendo 3ds on very young children say younger than 7 even younger than 5. My daughter discovered nintendo and nintendo games through my 8 year old nephew and of course she wants to emulate her big cousin so if anyone has any information on the side effects of playing with 3d game systems on children younger than 7,6, and 5, would be great. I just want to be able to make an informed decision before I purchase anything for my child.

Ihgirl1066 responded:
My son started playin the nintendo wii at around 21 months, he was actually really good at it, he played it on and off for about 6 months and outgrew the phase. Then he was hooked on my kindle fire and plays games on that all the time angry birds and number and alphabet games. I wouldnt let her play it all the time, but i dont see a problem with letting them play once in a whild.
Jessica, DH (Trav), DS (4-24-10), DD (9-29-11)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am Amanda I am 25 from Kentucky, I am a stay at home mommy of 3 Zach is 7, Liz is 2 and Zoey Paige is 16 months, i like to do anything, most of all...More

Helpful Tips

PULLDOWN BURNS
I read almost all of Dr. B. Nazario's articles and one item I see missing is what is known as "Pulldown Burns" among the medical and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.