Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Cotton Training Panties
mikimom2010 posted:
My 2 y/o bg is potty trained, has been for a few months now. Both home and away she lets us know when she has to go. At her previous daycare I sent her there with a pair of panties on and they said she wet them and she didn't let them know when she had to go. And I was never to send her in panties again,(But I also truly think they weren't asking her or taking her so she would be familar where the potty was)
She has been home for the past month and verbally lets us know very well when she has to go. We do put on a pull up overnight to prevent any bed soiling b/c she is allowed a 1/2 cup of warm milk before bed. My question is, she is starting a new daycare next week and I am seriously considering sending her in the think cotton training pants b/c when she has on a pull up, she goes in the pull up and I don't want to confuse her. Just looking for a little insight or opinions on this. I haven't purchased them yet, but will be doing so today to try them out. Has anyone had any experiences with them? Do I need to also purchase those plastic panties to go outside of them? Any and all comments are appreciated.

Ihgirl1066 responded:
My son turned 2 at the end of April and at the end of may i had a week off, so i decided what the heck we'll give potty training a shot. For the last month i just have my son in regular underwear at home and he always says when he has to go and runs to the potty or pulls em down and goes when we are outside. Our sitter is awesome and he stays dry their all the time and has just in the last week started to tell her when he has to poop. I still put him in a pull up to go there, its my choice cuz id hate for him to have an accident on her carpeting, even tho he always stayed dry thier. I do notice that if you do put them in a pull-up they wont tell u when they have to go and will wet in em. Id just go with the underpants and just use the pull up at night! Good luck!!
Jessica, DH (Trav), DS (4-24-10), DD (9-29-11)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Laura. I have been on WebMD since TTC my first (2003) but had to change my screen name a couple of times. Kyra is 5 years old and Kaden is ...More

Helpful Tips

tips please toddler refuses to sleep in his crib....
how can I put my 1 and a half to sleep in his crib the whole night ?? More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.