Skip to content
2 year old refusing to eat
Ashleighx5110 posted:
As of the past week or so, my two year old son refuses to eat...anything. He will still drink plenty of milk, water, and juice. But when it comes to food, he either will pick and pick at it until hes been sitting there for hours...or simply tell me hes done and refuse to even look at the food. He used to be an excellent eater, he would eat almost anything and a lot of it, but slowly. Especially his favorites like pizza, mac and cheese, and bananas. But even those have gotten lukewarm reception. I dont think he has any teeth coming in, because I havent felt anything back there and he doesnt seem to have any other symptoms. He is my first child and I dont know if this could be a phase or if its something more serious and I need to have him seen by his doctor. If anyone has any ideas: PLEASE HELP!

kay_kay75 responded:
My Mom used to say, kids will eat when they get hungry, I had a similar problem with my daughter and I talked to the doctor about it, she said Kids will eat when they get hungry. Said to just make sure to give her enough fluids and go from there. Make sure to offer foods and encourage eating but don't force it or it will get worse instead of better.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am married to an incredible man, Dustin and we have a wonderful son Austin who was born in January 2009. I have been coming to the WebMD site since ...More

Helpful Tips

PULLDOWN BURNS
I read almost all of Dr. B. Nazario's articles and one item I see missing is what is known as "Pulldown Burns" among the medical and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.