Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
3yr jerking during sleep
Trevorsmom052309 posted:
My 3 yr old son has been jerking kinda bad in his sleep along with periodicly stopping breathing. its like he will stop breaking for a few seconds and jerk himself awake and start breaking again and go back to sleep. his doctor sent him for an EEG and it came back normal and we go back to his doctor on thursday this week but i need to know what to ask and what i need to talk to him about more bc im at a loss. any ideas??????? please i'm really worried about him. i just want to know whats wrong and what can be done to make it better.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Does your son snore? I ask because this sounds like sleep apnea. My DH has it and wears a CPAP at night. The jerking is his body waking him up just enough to start breathing again. Since this usually happens several times in a night, it means he isn't getting a good night's sleep.

Trevorsmom052309 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
you are the second person to say that so i am going to bring it up to his dr tomorrow at his appointment. and ask the dr to do a sleep study thanks

tlkittycat1968 replied to Trevorsmom052309's response:
What did the doctor say?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 35 year old single mom. I was a SAHM until the separation, now I've re-joined the workforce. I can truly see the benefits and pitfalls of e...More

Helpful Tips

PULLDOWN BURNS
I read almost all of Dr. B. Nazario's articles and one item I see missing is what is known as "Pulldown Burns" among the medical and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.