Skip to content
My 2 year old absolutely will NOT sleep in his bed - HELP!.....
txmomma41 posted:
we haven't had this problem since our middle child was young who is now 9. Jaxon, 2-1/2 was good up til 1 month ago when he refused to lay down in his bed...he wants us to either lay with him or comes running to ours. Although, i don't mind whatsoever, laying with him to get him to fall asleep....the minute i even make a move, his eyes pop open and he's crying for me not to leave. My approach first was frustration and wanting to make him stay in bed...i changed my tune quickly by trying to make it fun, reading stories, trying to make a ritual out of it for him but NO, he refuses and just so it's not a fight, we relent and he sleeps inbetween my husband and I....needless to say, i have not had a good nights sleep since as he wants me to hold his hand until he falls asleep and then the knocking me in the head in the middle of the night. I know our toddlers will go through cycles, and this seems to be one of them and so i cuddle with him and make him feel secure but am i just making it harder for him in the future?? Please help with any ideas......signed a very tired momma in Texas.

Ihgirl1066 responded:
Awe our son is doing the same thing right now. I know alot of ppl frown on it, but i love my babes and figure in a few years they will be grown up, and this way i get to cherish even more time with them. I see nothing wrong with it, he feels safe with us, sleeps through the night and know his mommy and daddy love him. One day he'll be ready to move back into his room and until that time im gonna hold him a lil closer!
Jessica, DH (Trav), DS (4-24-10), DD (9-29-11)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi everyone! Well i'm a mother of a beautiful 3yr old (in march). I am lucky enough to be able to stay at home with her. I hope that by joining ...More

Helpful Tips

PULLDOWN BURNS
I read almost all of Dr. B. Nazario's articles and one item I see missing is what is known as "Pulldown Burns" among the medical and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.