Skip to content
2 1/2 year old who cries to poop & urinate
grand1mom posted:
My 2 1/2 year old grandson was visiting and begin to scream and point to the bathroom. I am totally confused because he is experiencing large amount of urine and no poop. Can anyone help me as this is totally a puzzle for me and I have help raise 7 children and never saw anything like it.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
He could be constipated. My cousin's son was completely potty trained until he had a bout of constipation. He started associated the potty with pain so she had to put a diaper on him again until the constipation went away.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Grand1mom -

Since tlkittlycat1968 suggested constipation, I thought you may be interested in these discussions from Dr. Benaroch and Dr. Jana -

Poop Problems: The Hard Truth of Constipation
Help! Almost 4 year old is holding her BMs

Does this sound familiar?

Hopefully you can talk with his parents and figure out what is going on.

Please keep us posted,
Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Emily and I'm 24 years old. I'm the proud mother of my two babies Riley Cole who is 3 and Isabella Kathryn who is 8 months, they are m...More

Helpful Tips

PULLDOWN BURNS
I read almost all of Dr. B. Nazario's articles and one item I see missing is what is known as "Pulldown Burns" among the medical and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful