Skip to content
Speech delay?
chantella6473 posted:
My DD will be 2 1/2 on Nov 11th and she is still not using sentences. She has words and uses them appropriately but they're still limited and she only uses one at a time. She is a social butterfly, loves to cuddle, and is silly to boot. We do have an older DD (4 1/2) who tends to speak for her sister a lot so I dont know if that is causing the delay. I'm just starting to get nervous because our pedi said she wasnt concerned UNLESS she didnt start speaking sentences at 2 1/2 years old. Any thoughts? Am I overreacting?

Ihgirl1066 responded:
How long of sentences, my almost 2.5 year old knows a million words, but he's sentences consist of things likes, dark outside, or not raining, or kali jean stop it. He knows his ABCs can count to 12. But he doesnt come up to me and say mommy i want a ham sandwich.
Jessica, DH (Trav), DS (4-24-10), DD (9-29-11)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a beautiful, funny, smart and strikingly handsome son who is 2.5 years old....He doesn't live with me, but he's the reason that i work ...More

Helpful Tips

tips please toddler refuses to sleep in his crib....
how can I put my 1 and a half to sleep in his crib the whole night ?? More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.