Skip to content
Bloodshot eyes?
Anbreese posted:
I have a two year-old who has awful red bloodshot eyes--my husband wants to take him to the doctor, but I am not sure what she could do--he has had a cold now for several days, the eyes are not leaking any fluid and are not crusty, so I don't think it is pink eye. He has been coughing a lot and I thought maybe ruptured a blood vessel-what would doctors do for that? Is there any chance his eye could get infected?

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anbreese -

I'm sorry your little guy is not feeling well. Unfortunately, without being able to exam him this is difficult to answer online.

Please contact his doctor and let them take a look to make sure no other problems are brewing.

Check back in to let us know how he is doing and what you found out,
Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Anbreese replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Turns out that it was just mucus draining through his eyes--we called our doctor and she said if it didn't clear up in a few days to bring him in. Tw days later it is almost all gone and he is feeling much better. The virus he had sure is a nasty one! Stay healthy and thanks for the response!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Amy, and I am Mommy to a beautiful little girl name Arianna. She was born on 3/5/2008. My husband Lee & I have been married since 2000....More

Helpful Tips

PULLDOWN BURNS
I read almost all of Dr. B. Nazario's articles and one item I see missing is what is known as "Pulldown Burns" among the medical and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.