Bloodshot eyes?
Anbreese posted:
I have a two year-old who has awful red bloodshot eyes--my husband wants to take him to the doctor, but I am not sure what she could do--he has had a cold now for several days, the eyes are not leaking any fluid and are not crusty, so I don't think it is pink eye. He has been coughing a lot and I thought maybe ruptured a blood vessel-what would doctors do for that? Is there any chance his eye could get infected?

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anbreese -

I'm sorry your little guy is not feeling well. Unfortunately, without being able to exam him this is difficult to answer online.

Please contact his doctor and let them take a look to make sure no other problems are brewing.

Check back in to let us know how he is doing and what you found out,
Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Anbreese replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Turns out that it was just mucus draining through his eyes--we called our doctor and she said if it didn't clear up in a few days to bring him in. Tw days later it is almost all gone and he is feeling much better. The virus he had sure is a nasty one! Stay healthy and thanks for the response!