Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
2yr having nightmares
mikimom2010 posted:
My sweet darling 2 yr old babygirl is having nightmares and I don't know why. It happens maybe 1 or 2 times a month. She is afraid of bugs, crickets, roaches, anything crawling outside (except ants, which is kinda weird). We monitor her t.v. time & shows so it's not from that. But she wakes up literally jumping out of her crib, she started screaming lastnight about monsters, my hubby ran into her room and found her standing in her bed pointing at the walls. I don't know what to do, I don't think it's from her allergy med b/c the nightmares aren't that frequent. Has anyone else been through this? She slept in our bed a few months back and woke up so scared she refused to let her dad touch her until I turned on all the lights and cleared all the pillows from the bed to show her no "bugs" were in the bed. Not sure if I need to speak with her pediatrician about these nightmares or what but I am beginning to get concerned.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Mikimom2010 -

This does sound frustrating, my daughter also went through a period like this but thankfully it was short lived.

While waiting for more moms to respond I wanted to pass along a couple of links for you -

Nightmares - Expert response from Dr. Benaroch
Sleep Disorders in Children

Wishing all a good night's sleep,
Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Teresa. I am married and have 5 kids from 17 years old to almost 2 years old! 4 boys, 1 girl

Helpful Tips

i agree with kittykatk8
resetting should help. i do the same thing with potty training. i would get my little girl up abpout every 3-4 hrs and make her go and she ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.