Skip to content
Pacifier trouble
mikimom2010 posted:
I have always been that girl who would look at mom's funny anytime I saw a child over the age of crawling, sucking on a pacifier. Well, I eventally became that mom. My 2 1/2 yr old is attached to her as soon as she come home from daycare until the next morning. She asks for it as soon as I buckle her into her carseat! Well, it is now day #3 of "Santa has your nu-nu." It seems to be working pretty well. She goes to sleep without it, but usually wakes up at about 2 or 3 am and I admit, I give it to her, but take it aways before she wakes up and when she asks I say Santa came and got it. I am so hoping that this works out, that dang nu-nu is embarrassing! Any other tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated, I've tried the cutting it, letting her cry it out, but none have helped.

MrsJordanSmith3 responded:
Have you tried putting a bittering agent on it? if it is no longer associated with warm feelings and comfort, she many not want it as much and eventually at all. I know there is some OTC stuff that you use to keep kids from biting nails that you can put on there. I hope it helps. Good Luck!

cindy2boys responded:
is she still wanting the nu-nu?

mikimom2010 replied to cindy2boys's response:
no! Thank God b/c that was the longest period and I thought we would not make it, nights were more difficult b/c she was used to waking up in the middle of the night & having it. It's been a wonderful few weeks without it and anytime she hurts herself or hears the word "no" she no longer asks for it as her comforter. So glad Santa & the nu-nu is gone now!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 29 year old mommy to a wonderful almost 2 year old girl named Mackenzee

Helpful Tips

i agree with kittykatk8
resetting should help. i do the same thing with potty training. i would get my little girl up abpout every 3-4 hrs and make her go and she ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful