Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pacifier trouble
mikimom2010 posted:
I have always been that girl who would look at mom's funny anytime I saw a child over the age of crawling, sucking on a pacifier. Well, I eventally became that mom. My 2 1/2 yr old is attached to her as soon as she come home from daycare until the next morning. She asks for it as soon as I buckle her into her carseat! Well, it is now day #3 of "Santa has your nu-nu." It seems to be working pretty well. She goes to sleep without it, but usually wakes up at about 2 or 3 am and I admit, I give it to her, but take it aways before she wakes up and when she asks I say Santa came and got it. I am so hoping that this works out, that dang nu-nu is embarrassing! Any other tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated, I've tried the cutting it, letting her cry it out, but none have helped.

MrsJordanSmith3 responded:
Have you tried putting a bittering agent on it? if it is no longer associated with warm feelings and comfort, she many not want it as much and eventually at all. I know there is some OTC stuff that you use to keep kids from biting nails that you can put on there. I hope it helps. Good Luck!

cindy2boys responded:
is she still wanting the nu-nu?

mikimom2010 replied to cindy2boys's response:
no! Thank God b/c that was the longest period and I thought we would not make it, nights were more difficult b/c she was used to waking up in the middle of the night & having it. It's been a wonderful few weeks without it and anytime she hurts herself or hears the word "no" she no longer asks for it as her comforter. So glad Santa & the nu-nu is gone now!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 30 and have been married to my husband for 8 years. We have 2 daughters. Our oldest is 5 and the youngest is 2. We enjoy spending time playing ou...More

Helpful Tips

Potty Training Advice
For those of you potty training, when you send your kids to school/daycare/or even in the car where you keep your change of clothes, make ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.