Skip to content
Holiday Shopping and the Toddler - Yikes
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
Holiday shopping can be stressful enough but when you add a toddler to the mix maintaining your sanity can be quite difficult.

Let's share tips to make the "experience" as pleasant as possible.

My suggestions -

Take the large (vs umbrella) stroller. If you are lucky enough to exhaust your LO for a nap, lay them down for some uninterrupted shopping time.

Make a plan, make a list and organize coupons. discount cards and gift cards. I use a

Bring snacks and treats (maybe a new toy or book).

Plan in some play time, set up a good expectation or outcome - "As soon as I finish this, or after lunch we will get an ice cream or play at the playground.

If a meltdown happens - ignore the looks! Everyone knows it has happened to them!

Next.......

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a FT working mother of one amazing little boy, Jacob. I'm also a PT student and the wife to a wonderful, supportive husband. I'm proud...More

Helpful Tips

PULLDOWN BURNS
I read almost all of Dr. B. Nazario's articles and one item I see missing is what is known as "Pulldown Burns" among the medical and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.