Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tummy troubles?
An_249332 posted:
Pretty much every day for over a year now, my two-year-old daughter pulls her legs up to her chest and just shakes. She'll do this at least once a day (although some days it's several times) and it last for several minutes (sometimes over 10 min). My pediatrician insists it's gas. I'm not convinced. His partner ran bloodwork and it all came back fine. Lately she points to her chest and says that's the part that hurts. She clenches her body up so tightly and breaks out into a sweat it has me really concerned. Any thoughts? Or any conditions it might be symptomatic of?

MrsJordanSmith3 responded:
Does she do it after she has been running around playing? After she eats? Prior to a BM?

An_249332 replied to MrsJordanSmith3's response:
Sometimes, but she'll also do it in her sleep and just randomly while in the middle of reading a book or something. Lately she's been doing it more often. I've given her mylecon for gas but it has no effect.

cindy2boys responded:
is she pooping regular? if her poop is to hard, then it may be some gas along with heartburn.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Laura. I have been on WebMD since TTC my first (2003) but had to change my screen name a couple of times. Kyra is 5 years old and Kaden is ...More

Helpful Tips

Potty Training Advice
For those of you potty training, when you send your kids to school/daycare/or even in the car where you keep your change of clothes, make ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 45 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.