Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
sleeping through the night
mikimom2010 posted:
My DD has gone from nightmares, to waking up screaming in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issues and about how long they have lasted...I'm so over it at this point.

Tanyoid79 responded:
I am having this issue and it is driving me absolutely crazy letting my daughter just cry!

cindy2boys responded:
how old is she? maybe it is her adnoise. especially, if she is over 3 years old. I know that this can make them hear weird noises when they lay down. they don't understand it and it scares them.. if it just seems to be that she is going through an unknown phase try a favorite toy or stuffed animal in the crib.
hang in there.

mikimom2010 replied to cindy2boys's response:
some nights are better than others, i think that was just a rough week. She has a dream lite, puppet pet, even Thomas the train, but when she wakes up from nightmares, none of them matter. We've regressed to allowing her back in the bed just so that we'll be well rested for work, I know it's not the right thing to do, but it works.

cindy2boys replied to mikimom2010's response:
I agree with you. if you need to sleep, you do what you have to do for the peace and quiet. I am glad to hear it is not every night. maybe it all will pass. good luck.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 25 years old and I live with my boyfriend and daughter in Wisconsin. I'm just recently a stay at home mom, never knew it was this much wor...More

Helpful Tips

Milk
Has your little one decided to boycott milk? If so, dont "sugar coat" it with strawberry or chocolate. Try adding a small amount of vanilla ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.