Skip to content
Highly athletic two year old
Dadoftwo posted:
We are blessed to have a very healthy and athletic son. He completed a half ironman triathlon with mom while she was three months pregnant with him. He has been walking since nine months old. Climbed a ladder un assisted at a year. Now he is riding a bicycle without pedals, balancing on his own and moving fast as a 22 month old.

In fear of him getting seriously injured, he is required to wear a helmet at all times on the bike. I'm contemplating a full face helmet to protect his face. This will weigh significantly more than a traditional toddler helmet and I'm concerned about his neck if he does crash. Any thoughts from the experts on the pros and cons in this situation?

Obviously don't fall would be the best answer but accidents happen so.......

Take the Poll

Full face helmet or traditional helmet for toddler (22 months )
  • Full face
  • Traditional helmet
vote
View Poll Results

Torey89 responded:
I think the full face helmet may work better for him. I have a little boy who will be 2yrs old in Feb. I totally understand where you're coming from. I hate it when he's all beat up and hurt from playing to ruff. I know you said it will weigh more than a traditional helmet, but I'm sure he'll be ok!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a stay at home Mom of 1 son. I love spending every day with him. I have an amazing husbands who works like crazy so I don't have to work outs...More

Helpful Tips

PULLDOWN BURNS
I read almost all of Dr. B. Nazario's articles and one item I see missing is what is known as "Pulldown Burns" among the medical and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.