Skip to content
2yr old with a sore throat
Torey89 posted:

Take the Poll

My son is 2yrs of age and has a really sore throat. It's red swollen and the doctor said that it's filled with a lot of puss. He was tested for strep and it came back negative. She said it was just a virus. I don't know if I believe that. Is there a home remade for this???
  • Really just a virus
  • Throat Infection
vote
View Poll Results

patrick78028 responded:
I did a little research for this, and it's a website maintained by the University of British Columbia. I have a 2 1/2 year old son, so i cacn understand the frustration.....I know it might sound trivial, but i work a second job as a computer technician, and you'd be amazed at the information and answers you can get just by typing in your question on google.com! This is a copy paste from a portion of the article presented relating to your child's issue....(learnpediatrics.com/body-systems/general-pediatrics/sore-throat-in-children-clinical-considerations-and-evaluation/)
I hope this helps

• If the tests are negative, then the child's throat infection is likely caused by a virus and antibiotics are not indicated, unless a second bacterial infection has become established.
  • Viral infections of the throat usually improve in three to five days without treatment.
    Can you tell if a child's throat has a strep infection just by looking at it? "026 No!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a stay at home Mom of 1 son. I love spending every day with him. I have an amazing husbands who works like crazy so I don't have to work outs...More

Helpful Tips

PULLDOWN BURNS
    I read almost all of Dr. B. Nazario's articles and one item I see missing is what is known as "Pulldown Burns" among the medical and ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.