Skip to content
2yr old with a sore throat
Torey89 posted:

Take the Poll

My son is 2yrs of age and has a really sore throat. It's red swollen and the doctor said that it's filled with a lot of puss. He was tested for strep and it came back negative. She said it was just a virus. I don't know if I believe that. Is there a home remade for this???
  • Really just a virus
  • Throat Infection
vote
View Poll Results

patrick78028 responded:
I did a little research for this, and it's a website maintained by the University of British Columbia. I have a 2 1/2 year old son, so i cacn understand the frustration.....I know it might sound trivial, but i work a second job as a computer technician, and you'd be amazed at the information and answers you can get just by typing in your question on google.com! This is a copy paste from a portion of the article presented relating to your child's issue....(learnpediatrics.com/body-systems/general-pediatrics/sore-throat-in-children-clinical-considerations-and-evaluation/)
I hope this helps

• If the tests are negative, then the child's throat infection is likely caused by a virus and antibiotics are not indicated, unless a second bacterial infection has become established.
  • Viral infections of the throat usually improve in three to five days without treatment.
    Can you tell if a child's throat has a strep infection just by looking at it? "026 No!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Erica, I am 27 years old and I am from Pittsburgh, PA. My DH is Gary he is 29, we have been married for almost 5 years but have been togeth...More

Helpful Tips

PULLDOWN BURNS
    I read almost all of Dr. B. Nazario's articles and one item I see missing is what is known as "Pulldown Burns" among the medical and ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful