Skip to content
Dad showering with his 2 1/2 yr old daughter
Njnana posted:
I think this is a very strange and disturbing thing to do , my son- in- law showered with his daughter !! There was no urgency for him to shower with her ! My daughter works nights at a local hospital and she obviously wasn't home at the time ......she mentioned this to me, that her husband told her about showering with his daughter, and said how inquisitive she was hahaha ! Is what he said . As her grandmother I am so upset with this ,! I want to approach him re this matter !! How do I handle such sensitive matter ? please.....help me !

cookiem56 responded:
I'm sorry but this is insulting to me that you would make such a big deal about this. It sounds to me like you don't like your son in law and are feeding off this matter. I would address the issues you have with him first. It's not up to you if they shower with their daughter or not. I take baths and showers with my son at 2 years of age, who cares? i dont see any harm!

sarah0323 responded:
My SO has taken showers with our 2 YO DD and I showered with my DS's(when they were younger). When she hears the water run she will get in with whoever. Yes she has climbed in with her brothers. I think it is what you are comfortable with in your family. If they are comfortable then let them be. There will come a point and time that neither will want a family shower (our house that is anytime from 2 1/2 to 3YO). I'm sorry I don't have advice on how to talk to him just another perspective that it is probably more common than you think.
Me 32,DD 11, DS1 6, DS2 4, DS3 3, EDD 11/19/10

mikimom2010 replied to sarah0323's response:
also sometimes it's just easier. It's rather difficult having a 2 year old running around the house alone even if it is for 15 minutes. I don't see any problem with it, he killed two birds with one stone!

vazquezca responded:
have to agree with the others. she's 2. if she was 5 or older I'd say it was inappropriate. if you have a good standing relationship with your son in law I'd leave it alone. he could get very offended and it's hard to recover from that.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Laura. I have been on WebMD since TTC my first (2003) but had to change my screen name a couple of times. Kyra is 5 years old and Kaden is ...More

Helpful Tips

i agree with kittykatk8
resetting should help. i do the same thing with potty training. i would get my little girl up abpout every 3-4 hrs and make her go and she ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.