Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Chronic cough
    Kaydesmom posted:
    My 2 year old daughter has had a chronic cough for almost a year. She coughs sporadically throughout the day and really bad at night to the point that she throws up. She is tired a lot. We have been to 2 different drs who told us she has asthma/allergies and reflux. My 2 year old now takes qvar, singulair, Flonase, Prevacid, and ventolin. Nothing helps the only time she gets better is with an antibiotic and within 3 days of finishing them we r back to square 1. I just want my baby better. I work full time and I'm beginning to wonder if that is going to be possible. Is anybody going through similar things and if so how do u manage work? Also does anyone know of a better treatment? Or what my next step should be?

crizard responded:
    1. Our 2 year old son had a dry cough for about almost a month, they said the same thing. Went to another Dr. and he had a double ear infection. Gave him antibiotics for a couple weeks, cough went away. You said that it gets better w/ antibiotics, so that might be something you should try to rule out- any nasal cavity or ear infections.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Meggie (31) and I'm married to my amazing husband Jeremy (32). We have two wonderful daughters!! Rylie Katelyn (born 7-31-08 - 2 years ...More

Helpful Tips

Milk
    Has your little one decided to boycott milk? If so, dont "sugar coat" it with strawberry or chocolate. Try adding a small amount of vanilla ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    15 of 22 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.