Skip to content
2yr old WON'T drink juice
An_251657 posted:
My toddler will ONLY drink water or milk, he will NOT try apple juice (or any other juice). I've been trying to get him to drink apple juice because he has chronic consitpation. I puree fruits and veggies and hide them in baked goods, mac n cheese, and mashed potatoes. However this is not very helpful because he only likes a few things and not all of them I'm abe to hide purees in. So in short, he refuses fruits, veggies, and apple juice (as well as juice in general). I'm extremely exhausted and extremely concerned about my son. Any suggestions/advice welcome....
Thank you.

Olivetre responded:
Have you tried Karo Syrup? I had to do this with my oldest daughter. I put in about a teaspoon in each sippy cup. It took a couple of days but she became more regular. If it starts to help but it does need to be softer you could add more. This was something my doctor recommended when she switched over to milk and became constipated.
Has he recently been potty trained? This started to become a problem for us because she would try to hold it in.

Slewis1978 replied to Olivetre's response:
My son has never drank juice. I thought it was weird at first but when I spoke to the pediatrician she said that it was fine and he really only needs milk and water which he does drink without a problem. She made a good point that he must find it bitter and to not force it on him. I've tried every once in s while to see what he does and he makes a sour face and gives it back. Still doesn't like it, doesn't like chocolate either.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 32 years old and have been married for 7 years to a wonderful husband, father and my best friend, we have been a couple since 1998. We became par...More

Helpful Tips

i agree with kittykatk8
resetting should help. i do the same thing with potty training. i would get my little girl up abpout every 3-4 hrs and make her go and she ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.