Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
terrible 3?
An_252355 posted:
I have a 3 year old son and when he dose not get his way he throws a bad temp where he will hit and punch me. I spoked to his doctor about it and she told me its just a fase and his age. dose any one have any suggestions on what I should do about it

evarosesmommy responded:
First of all Do Not give him what he wants when he throws a temper, you'll be reinforcing that behavior and showing him it works. Second of all, try to avoid what sets his temper off. For example, if he likes things on a schedule, then do your best to keep that schedule. If he throws a fit in a store then don't take him for a few weeks, try again and tell him if he misbehaves he's going in the car. Stick to it. Don't make idle threats...do what you say you will. When he gets violent, put him in a room and let him be as long as he is safe in there. and finally, talk to his doctor.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Mommy of 9 yr old daughter and 2 year old son!

Helpful Tips

i agree with kittykatk8
resetting should help. i do the same thing with potty training. i would get my little girl up abpout every 3-4 hrs and make her go and she ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.