Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

terrible 3?
    An_252355 posted:
    I have a 3 year old son and when he dose not get his way he throws a bad temp where he will hit and punch me. I spoked to his doctor about it and she told me its just a fase and his age. dose any one have any suggestions on what I should do about it

evarosesmommy responded:
    First of all Do Not give him what he wants when he throws a temper, you'll be reinforcing that behavior and showing him it works. Second of all, try to avoid what sets his temper off. For example, if he likes things on a schedule, then do your best to keep that schedule. If he throws a fit in a store then don't take him for a few weeks, try again and tell him if he misbehaves he's going in the car. Stick to it. Don't make idle threats...do what you say you will. When he gets violent, put him in a room and let him be as long as he is safe in there. and finally, talk to his doctor.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I joined the WebMD boards back when I was TTC in 2004. I had my son in May 2005 and the boards have been valuable with the wealth of information durin...More

Helpful Tips

Potty Training Advice
    For those of you potty training, when you send your kids to school/daycare/or even in the car where you keep your change of clothes, make ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    34 of 45 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.