Skip to content
Toddler Hearing?
An_252984 posted:
My grandson is 23 months old. His siblings talked in full sentences from the time that they were between 15 to 20 months old. He does not. When he does repeat words or phrases you cannot understand him. Could he have a hearing problem?

lenono97 responded:
It's possible. I only say that because my son's pedi mentioned this at his last appointment. He just turned 2 and doesn't talk much and the words he does say are difficult to understand. My daughter is 4 and it seems like I can't remember a time she didn't talk! Our pedi said sometimes children have a hard time learning to talk because they can't hear the high pitched sounds. But she did say it was rare. It wouldn't hurt to mention it at his next appointment. Her suggestion to me was wait until he was 30 months old, if he still wasn't talking much, then have his hearing checked. He passed his newborn hearing screen and he seems to understand me well so I am not worried.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Amanda and I am an Air Force wife with a 2 year old son named John Kenneth. We are currently stationed at Davis-Monthan AFB in Tucson, AZ. ...More

Helpful Tips

PULLDOWN BURNS
I read almost all of Dr. B. Nazario's articles and one item I see missing is what is known as "Pulldown Burns" among the medical and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.