Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sleep Problems
bestgram posted:
My 2 yr old grandson has woken up twice in a week crying for me. I go to him, thinking he will go right back to sleep. Then he gets up and we are up for a while. I don't mind being up for a bit as this is what I do, care for him. I am just concerned why he is waking up. Think I'll call the Dr. tomorrow. Any others dealing with this?

slider2406 responded:
Yes oh my gosh yes. I keep my granddaughter 2-4 nights during the week so her exhausted parents can get some sleep. I don't work during the day, they do. I don't know how they function. Sometimes she just wakes for a diaper change, sometimes for a drink, and others she is awake for hours. I don't understand. I had four children and none of them had sleep issues like this. I have no idea what to do to help her except wait this out. She is teething and her mom says that can cause her to not sleep well. However, this is an on going problem. It has been for over a year maybe longer.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Becky I'm a 26 yr old single mother of a beautiful biracial 2 yr old son. Currently I'm looking for work and going back to school f...More

Helpful Tips

Milk
Has your little one decided to boycott milk? If so, dont "sugar coat" it with strawberry or chocolate. Try adding a small amount of vanilla ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 22 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.