Skip to content
Acting out after Separation
An_253261 posted:
I am the father of a 26 month old boy. His mother and I have decided to get a divorce. I moved to New York, while she remained with my son in Virginia. Since the separation,3 months ago, my son has begun acting out, becoming increasingly violent with anyone he encounters. Adults and children alike. He bites, spits, slaps, throws thing(mostly directed at faces) and throws temper tantrums at the slightest thing. My question is really several things: Is he acting out because of me, because of my absence? I this apart of the "Terrible Twos"? Finally, Is there anything i can tell his mother to help her calm him and hopefully stop this violent behavior. He's a healthy toddler and has no medical issues that we suspect of are aware of outside of a slow speech development. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 29 year old mommy to a wonderful almost 2 year old girl named Mackenzee

Helpful Tips

i agree with kittykatk8
resetting should help. i do the same thing with potty training. i would get my little girl up abpout every 3-4 hrs and make her go and she ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.