Skip to content
infrequent urination in toddlers
cradetich posted:
My 2 1/2 year old is only urinating once or twice a day. We have tried to get him to drink plenty of water, but he has really become resistant to doing so. He seems to only want juice and chocolate milk. We are really trying to limit his drinking of these things, but at the same time, we want to make sure he is hydrating. I know stubbornness is part of his age and development, so we're not sure if we should let things play out naturally, or if there may be some other possible problem. Any thoughts?
kink523 responded:
I just took my two year oldto the doctor for the same reasons. He also doeant want to wear a diaper or clothes. The doctor said that sometimes infrequent urination can be due to constipation. My son is very constipated. Dr . recommended two tablespoons or miralax everyday and the problem should resolve. The intestines put pressure on the bladder making it hard to pee. Just started this so I dont know if it will be successful. Goodluck.
annabhig replied to kink523's response:
Hi - this little one does not have a constipation problem and wets her diaper frequently, if she will keep it on. Her older brother (5) does have problems with constipation - but he never took off all of his clothing plus diaper like his little sister does. Mom dresses her in a diaper, onesie, and pajamas on backwards w/zipper & snaps, and will keep the baby monitor on and doesn't hear a sound until about 30 minutes later when she starts to talk, and mom & dad know that she has probably taken everything off again. There she is standing up in her crib with nothing on. Sometimes she wets the crib sheets and other times she doesn't. Thanks for your response.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My DS Tristan and I live in Alabama. He has a peanut allergy.

Helpful Tips

2 1/2 yr old Will Not Eat Regular Food
My 2 1/2 yr old grandson will not eat regular food for lunch or diner. He only wants baby food. We have tried puree the food, putting it in ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.