Skip to content
Potty Training
mommyin2011 posted:
My 2 yr old refuses to use the potty. He screams whenever I try to put him on it.

In the mornings, i let him do diaper-less, thinking that he will try and tell me when he has to go, but he doesn't...he will just wet himself.

How can I get him to use the potty?

He isn't talking either...still does 'baby talk' and he can't tell me when he has to go. So, it makes it that much harder.

Thanks!

earleyml1012 responded:
Maybe he's not ready. You need to read your child's ques. I tried with DD#1 when she was 21 months and she did the same thing. I waited until she was 2 1/2 and it went much easier. Maybe lay off for a few months and then try again. You don't want him to hate the potty.

katellawellnesscenter responded:
Be patient. I think your child is not ready for potty training as he is not emotionally matured enough. No matter what, never physically punish him. Stop the process for few weeks or up to a month and then try again. Your child might need a brief break to get ready to regularly use the bathroom.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am married to an incredible man, Dustin and we have a wonderful son Austin who was born in January 2009. I have been coming to the WebMD site since ...More

Helpful Tips

PULLDOWN BURNS
I read almost all of Dr. B. Nazario's articles and one item I see missing is what is known as "Pulldown Burns" among the medical and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.