Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Drinking Pedialtye daily
An_256934 posted:
My grandson is two years old and eats very little. His parents give him pedialtye almost daily because he will not eat dinner. I believe he knows if he does not eat he will get his drink at bedtime.

Is this healthly?

candi352 responded:
Is it Pedialyte or Pediasure? Pedialyte usually should only be used temporarily and for hydration. Pediasure is very nutritious and this is what my daughter takes to help her gain weight.

diegoet replied to candi352's response:
Thank you. You are correct. It's pedicure.

candi352 replied to diegoet's response:
Ok. Then it is absolutely safe, healthy, and nutritious.

lenono97 responded:
I think you may be right, he may not eat dinner because he knows he wil get the pedialyte. Safe, yes. But not as healthy and nutrious and actual fruits and vegtables. I would start cutting back. That much be expensive!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 30 and have been married to my husband for 8 years. We have 2 daughters. Our oldest is 5 and the youngest is 2. We enjoy spending time playing ou...More

Helpful Tips

Milk
Has your little one decided to boycott milk? If so, dont "sugar coat" it with strawberry or chocolate. Try adding a small amount of vanilla ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.