Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Toddler (3years) Having Trouble Focusing/ answering specific questions
momlovesbee30 posted:
I know this chat room says 2 year old but my son just turned 3 and I am unsure of where to turn. I fear the worst when it comes to what i feel are delays within my child. So here is the situation:
My son seems to either be over active and this is why he can't focus in and answer a question like "Why dont you want to go on the swing?" and when trying to have a conversation with him he seems to be off on his own little journey and he will answer yes or nos to somethings and then all of sudden start singing something from one of his favorite movies or say something that has nothing to do with what we are talking about. Yet this kid is so smart that hes been able to say his ABC's, 123's, colors, shapes, animals since he was 1 and 1/2 years old. I mean recognizes them and everything, not a memorization. So i want to make sure im not over reacting before i take him to a doctor. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 35 year old single mom. I was a SAHM until the separation, now I've re-joined the workforce. I can truly see the benefits and pitfalls of e...More

Helpful Tips

i agree with kittykatk8
resetting should help. i do the same thing with potty training. i would get my little girl up abpout every 3-4 hrs and make her go and she ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.