Skip to content
complaining it hurts to pee?
mathis887 posted:
So the past few days dd has been ripping off her diaper and saying it hurts when she pees, it's not all the time though and she doesn't have any irratation. We are also starting to potty train, so does this warrant a call to the pedi or is this her way of saying she doesn't like being wet?

linzuh04 responded:
DD was saying that and had a very mild UTI. If that's what it is, it needs attention immediately because it can spread. Good Luck getting her to pee in a cup though

mrv77 responded:
It might be a UTI def. call the pedi ASAP to make sure.

MrsWhiteCastle responded:
I would definitely call the pedi to make sure there is nothing wrong. I wouldn't worry too much, though. Our pedi told us that when they are learning to PT, they are getting used to the sensation of having to pee. According to him, it is pretty common for them to explain that sensation by saying it hurts.

I would still call and have her checked out though, to be on the safe side.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My DS Tristan and I live in Alabama. He has a peanut allergy.

Helpful Tips

PULLDOWN BURNS
I read almost all of Dr. B. Nazario's articles and one item I see missing is what is known as "Pulldown Burns" among the medical and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.