Skip to content
2 year old with a bladder infection
Cami36 posted:
I think that my dd has a badder infection. Can anyone give me and idea of what to do for until the morning, so I can get her to the dr. I was thinking of giving her some tylenol or moltrin. I have been giving her water to drink all night, but she is still trying to hold it.... Please any advice.

gmama07 responded:
Push liquids as much as possible, it will dilute the urine and help keep the infection in control til you get her looked at. I would definitely give pain reliever, because it is painful. Cranberry juice only really helps if you drink gallons, so dont bother. I know there is over the counter stuff called pyridium( brand name azo?/also available generic), walgreens carries it, maybe even walmart. It helps lessen the bladder spasms and basically numbs the bladder, taking away all the symptoms, but I have no idea if its approved for children. If it is, I would get it but beware, it makes the urine bright orange and stains everything the urine touches. Call a pharmacist and see if its a possibility. I think it works within 30 minutes? It helps get through til you see a dr, but doesnt treat the infection at all so you still need antibiotics. HTH!!! I feel for you and her!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 39 and have a wonderful partner who is the same age. Between the 2 of us we have 6 children. They range between the ages of 18-2! We have 3 boys ...More

Helpful Tips

tips please toddler refuses to sleep in his crib....
how can I put my 1 and a half to sleep in his crib the whole night ?? More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful