Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
2 year old with a bladder infection
Cami36 posted:
I think that my dd has a badder infection. Can anyone give me and idea of what to do for until the morning, so I can get her to the dr. I was thinking of giving her some tylenol or moltrin. I have been giving her water to drink all night, but she is still trying to hold it.... Please any advice.

gmama07 responded:
Push liquids as much as possible, it will dilute the urine and help keep the infection in control til you get her looked at. I would definitely give pain reliever, because it is painful. Cranberry juice only really helps if you drink gallons, so dont bother. I know there is over the counter stuff called pyridium( brand name azo?/also available generic), walgreens carries it, maybe even walmart. It helps lessen the bladder spasms and basically numbs the bladder, taking away all the symptoms, but I have no idea if its approved for children. If it is, I would get it but beware, it makes the urine bright orange and stains everything the urine touches. Call a pharmacist and see if its a possibility. I think it works within 30 minutes? It helps get through til you see a dr, but doesnt treat the infection at all so you still need antibiotics. HTH!!! I feel for you and her!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a full-time WAHM mom to a funny, beautiful little girl.

Helpful Tips

Milk
Has your little one decided to boycott milk? If so, dont "sugar coat" it with strawberry or chocolate. Try adding a small amount of vanilla ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.