Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
sinus infection while breastfeeding
prettylittlechica posted:
Im breastfeeding my 4 month old baby and I have a sinus infection, are the any otc medications I can take without it going to my baby?

alvord1 responded:
I dont think so... Maybe some nasal spray? I would ask my Primary Dr If I was you... Just to be safe. Im sure they san give you something like Amoxycillin. That is usually one that they will give you while BF'ing. I hope this helps and that your nose gets better

jlcohen78 responded:
breast milk .... seriously, the stuff is amazing and heals all sorts of things! It cleared up DD's pink eye like magic. Pump a little and squirt some up your nose. Sounds odd, I know but it works.

kms82082 responded:
If your supply is good benadryl can be taken, or even sudafed if need be, just make sure to drink PLENTY of water, without affecting LO. Neti pot may also help, used it a lot when I was pg. hth :lightsmile:

Alleeson responded:
I second the netti pot. I think it works better than any decongestant out there.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Loretta. I am 28 years old. I am a mother to 3( daughter 5, daughter 2, and son 4 mo 11/3/09), stepmother to 3 ( step daughter 16, step son...More

Helpful Tips

To WebMD
Please give us our old message boards back. I think you're going to lose a lot of users. Problems: * The newborn to 3 month board is ... More
Was this Helpful?
98 of 116 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.