Skip to content
Poll - Clothing Size
erinw601 posted:
My dd is 16 weeks and she is already wearing mostly 6-9 month clothes. I am just wondering if that is pretty average or is she big for her age. We got a rough estimate of her height and weight at 24 1/2 in long and 16 lbs. She doesn't seem chunky, just long. Her little feet touch the edge of the infant carseat. How old is your lo and what size are they wearing?

Thanks!

wxbuny responded:
DS is 13 weeks and in 6 months. He is extra long! I think he is abo*t 12 LBS. He was 23 inches at 2 months. I know he has grown longer since.

swinga responded:
My dd is 15 weeks and as of friday is 11lb 12oz, 24 1/4 in long, and is fitting perfect in her 3 month clothes finally! Anything bigger is huge on her. Most of her clothes are carters brand, if that makes any difference.

jlbelknap35 responded:
DS at his 4 month appointment was 27 1/2 inches long and 18lbs 9oz. he is between 6-9month and 9-12 month clothes.

newmommy1209 responded:
Witten is finally in his 0-3 size and some are still a little big. I know one day he will get into the bigger clothes.

knp1981 responded:
My DS is almost 17 weeks and wears 6-9 month clothes. He is over 15 lbs and about 25 in long. i will know exactly laster today at his 4 mo appt. He is almost outgrowing his 6-9 month sleepers cause he is so long.

sunnygirl637 responded:
My DD will be 5 months old tomorrow. About a week ago, she weighed 13 lbs, 8 oz. and was 22 inches long. She is on the very small end of her growing curve. She is just beginning to wear 3 month clothes. But the ones that say 3 - 6 month are still mostly too big for her. She can still wear alot of the 0 - 3 month sizes. She is very healthy, just "petite". My oldest DS was over 22 inches long when he was born! DD is just at that now!

LMaar responded:
Keira goes and gets weighed tmmr...This week she's 17 wks (4 mos on Valentines Day!) and she's around 13lbs and 24 inches...the 3 mo stuff is just now getting short and harder to fit over her head (still baggy around the tummy and legs trhough), while the 6 mo stuff is a tad too big length wise and def. too big in the tummy...Wont be long though. Oh and she's just now growing out of most of her 0-3 mo stuff...

dangie29 responded:
DD is 15 weeks and wearing 0-3 still. They are getting too short, but like Lauren, the 3-6 mo are too big. We have a weight check Friday. Her little legs are at the edge of the carseat, though!

gfinegan responded:
My boy wears some 6-9 month stuff, it depends on the outfit. They make everything so different I dont even go by size anymore, I look for his age, hold it up to see if I think it will fit and if it looks to small I get the next age size up.

Linzesmom responded:
My DS is 3 months and in 12 month clothing.

witch666 responded:
Avery is 5 months and shes on the cusp of 6 months and 9 months clothes. She fits pretty well into either, 6 months are kinda tighter, some thing are being phased out, 9 months are roomy, but frighteningly not that roomy!

tweeks08 responded:
My LO was 5 months on Sunday and is still wearing 0-3 months. He was only 11 pounds, 11 ounces and 23 1/2 inches at his 4 month check up. My husband and I are not big people, so we contribute the weight and height to that. Also, LO is very active. When he lays in on his play yard thing, he's constantly moving and wiggling...so high metabolism?

kfitz responded:
DD moved to 6-9 month when she was about 5 1/2 months. She is mostly true to size though.

Dipper86 responded:
DD will be 6 months tomorrow and is only in 0-3 month clothes! She's tiny to being with, but we've had trouble putting weight on her as well.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a new mom to Noah, currently 4 months... he is the most wonderful baby and the best thing that's ever happened to me :) I joined on here b...More

Helpful Tips

Finding exchange boards...
Okay, if you manage to find the board your looking for, look on the top right-hand portion of the page. You will see "Join this Exchange". ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.