Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pampers Swaddlers
Irvington posted:
Has anyone noticed that some of the crystals used in the Pampers diapers for absorbancy come out of the diaper and get on the baby? I thought my little biy was passing some type of crystals until the dr told me to check the diaper. I cut open a new diaper and saw the dried crystals. I just thought to share as it was scary to see the wet crystals all over my little boys diaper area.

-mother of Lev born 11-11-09!

eliz1497 responded:
Yes!!! I noticed this as well. I got a bunch of diapers at my shower, and for the longest time I was using swaddlers and noticed like little jelly things all over my son, but I never knew where they were coming from. But when I started using Luv's I didn't see them anymore!

Irvington replied to eliz1497's response:
Yes, I noticed the same thing, jelly like crystals. I was very nervous at first. i switched to Huggies this week and I have not noticed it.

sbillups responded:
Yep I had the same problem with my son. I switched to Huggies, and no more beads all over my son! I hear that Swaddlers work great for girls. So far I love huggies!

tempymae2007 responded:
I don't notice it that much with my pampers. I did however notice it when I used huggies. That's weird that you guys were the opposite. It says they aren't harmful but I still didn't like it.

cheesypretzel replied to tempymae2007's response:
I notice it on Huggiest but not Pampers as well

Melissa30134 replied to cheesypretzel's response:
I also noticed it in Huggies. I loved the Swaddlers when he was in newborn size. But I also found that the Huggies soft and dry (or whatever they are called) do not break open with the crystals, only the Huggies little snugglers.

sbillups replied to Melissa30134's response:
I had this same experience too. I use the Snug and Dry now. The snugglers also leaked little crystals.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jennifer. I am a 22yr old woman with a DH-Tim-23 and a DD (Phoebe)-11-4-2009. My DH and I have been married sense 3-3-2007. Our little gi...More

Helpful Tips

Wake up WEB MD!
You've probably noticed that we've gone from posting several notes every hour to only a handful per day. The new system is NOT working so ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 58 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.