Skip to content
Anyone a pro at birth control ?
iluvcamping posted:
I am going on a trip in March and realized a few weeks ago that I'll be on my period the entire vaction (and it's a beach vacation!). I had 2 leftover packs from before I got pregnant of loestrin 1.5.

I started a pack on the first day of my February period (instead of waiting until the first Sunday). My question is, if I stop taking the active pills a few days before they end, will my period start early? If it does start early do I have to bother taking the next month of pills? (My hope is to get my period a week earlier than expected.)

I had my tubes tied in September (during my c-section) so I'm not worried about ovulation or pregnancy.

Thanks for any advice!!

Jen__ responded:
yes, if you stop your pills a week early, you will get your period early. I've done this many times to not have a period during a vacation and for my honeymoon.

iluvcamping replied to Jen__'s response:
Phew! You're a lifesaver!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi everyone!!! My name is Elizabeth and I am 23 years old, DH is 27, and our DS aka "pookie" was born 3/24/10. At 32 weeks I was diagnoised ...More

Helpful Tips

Finding exchange boards...
Okay, if you manage to find the board your looking for, look on the top right-hand portion of the page. You will see "Join this Exchange". ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 27 found this helpful