Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Anyone a pro at birth control ?
iluvcamping posted:
I am going on a trip in March and realized a few weeks ago that I'll be on my period the entire vaction (and it's a beach vacation!). I had 2 leftover packs from before I got pregnant of loestrin 1.5.

I started a pack on the first day of my February period (instead of waiting until the first Sunday). My question is, if I stop taking the active pills a few days before they end, will my period start early? If it does start early do I have to bother taking the next month of pills? (My hope is to get my period a week earlier than expected.)

I had my tubes tied in September (during my c-section) so I'm not worried about ovulation or pregnancy.

Thanks for any advice!!

Jen__ responded:
yes, if you stop your pills a week early, you will get your period early. I've done this many times to not have a period during a vacation and for my honeymoon.

iluvcamping replied to Jen__'s response:
Phew! You're a lifesaver!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

We are very blessed to have our Adam Michael born on 10-15-2009 at 7 pounds 11 ounces. We had two previous loses one miscarrage at 9 weeks, and one st...More

Helpful Tips

To WebMD
Please give us our old message boards back. I think you're going to lose a lot of users. Problems: * The newborn to 3 month board is ... More
Was this Helpful?
98 of 116 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.