Skip to content
WALMART PICS OVERPRICED!!
asheets304 posted:
OK so I got Jaevins 3 mo pics done yesterday and for 6 poses and a decent amount of pics for each....its 300 dollars!!!!!!!!!!!! r u kidding me?! if anyone has any suggestions let me know. all the poses r too cute...I cant eliminate any :(
FirstPrevious12NextLast

scperdomo responded:
What's a "decent amount of pics"? We had DS's 6 month pics done at JCPenny and we took home 8 "sheets" of pics (3 8x10s, 16 wallets, 4 4x6's and 4 5x7s - there might be another one in there somewhere.....) and the cost for the package was around $150, they only took maybe 10 poses and when we asked for the CD they wanted to charge another $100!! For 10 poses, I think not. But the best price we got was when we went to Sears, just me and DH and got pics done right before we got engaged and we spend around $150 and the CD was free (which included ALL the original photos). So maybe see if they are including a CD and what the minimum photos you have to buy to get it for free, maybe you can get a cheaper package and still have the CD that way you still have all the photos.......

Other than that, I don't know what to tell you. $300 is a lot for pictures, especially when you are probably gonna go again in 3 months (right?). You must have got a crap load of pics because the $300 package that we saw at JCP was enormous... downsize girl! It's just pictures! :) Good luck

brandi07michelle replied to scperdomo's response:
YES!!! i got ryleighs pics done yesterday with her cousins we got 16 sheets and are paying like 150$....i could have went to Shurgurt a very good photo place in town and not paid near as much!!! they are very proud of their pics at wal mart!!!

LadeeEmpress responded:
I had my childrens pictures done at Target and I spent around $200 but that was because I had some mounted and framed. I spent close to $300 at Picture People with a couple mounted pictures. I don't understand Walmart charging you $300. I have had pictures done there before and took all poses for under $100.

KentuckyMama responded:
I had Willow's 3 months done at Wal-Mart. I got a bunch of sheets but the thing I liked was getting the cd too. It cost around $150. The cd is made it worth it.

pridgeon responded:
Lurking,

I'd buy a sheet of each and make copies honestly. That's too expensive.

jemms replied to scperdomo's response:
I just got DD's 3 month pictures done at Picture People yesterday and spent $125 that was wth 8 sheets, but we also signed up for their club since i know we'll be getting her 6 month pictures done there too and they will be giving us a discount on our 6 month pics. $300 is an awful lot of money for pictures

wannababy20082009 replied to jemms's response:
I got pictures done at walmart too and i just kept telling them i could afford those packages and they kept going down on the price..but i love the membership- you get a free 8x10 any day..

asimpso82 responded:
I've gotten all of Brayden's pics at walmart. I paid no more than 175 and that was even the biggest package. We had quite a few poses too. I went smaller with the 6 month pics and only spent 40. I love Walmart's pic studio because I've gotten GREAT deals on reorders and I get a free 8x10 every session AND they send extras for a discounted price!!!!!. I quit buying the CD because they never get printed and when they do, the quality of the pics when you do print them isnt great. They cost about 60 bucks to which is a rip off. they charge that amount just for the copyrights to the pics. If you want the CD, I make my own. I just scan the largest of each pic and burn them on a CD. Sometimes I do it at Meijer and it cost less than 4 bucks. Its a live and learn kinda thing. I get coupons for PictureMe in the sunday paper sometimes too! Didnt mean to ramble! LOL

Queenjen87 responded:
We went in for Phoebe's 2 week old pics (instead of take-home pics from the hossy) and paid $20 for one pose 8X10 two poses 5X7s (4 pics total), 3 4X6s and 18 wallets.

We are going back soon to do either the 4.99 or 7.99 package deal for easter (or 9.99, it varies.) I've thought about doing the photo club ($40 to enroll, but free stuff with every photo purchase). Just go back every week or two and you'll end up with lots of cute poses for cheap.

kayla_noelle responded:
I just went and got Isaiah's pictures taken at Sears. I have been getting coupons for their portrait studio since we brought him home from the hospital, and he was in such a good mood the other day, so we went. They have a picture package for $7.99 right now, which I didn't get so I could use the other coupons. I paid less than $30 for 8 sheets...I used to work in the portrait studio at walmart, and this was a much better deal.

I don't really have any advice for this time I guess, but I would say that look around for coupons before you go next time. Walmart and most of the other portrait studio chains put them out, and you can wind up with a pretty good deal. Also, maybe just order the discounted package to give to friends and family and extras of the other poses for yourself. If anyone wants any of the others, they could always reorder and pay for it.

mine9 responded:
We get the on sale pictures, like walmart has the easter special for $5 right now for one pose. Then we go to the other couple of walmarts and do the same thing in the same day, so we end up with a lot of diffrent poses for $5 each...You can also do that with Sears and K-mart or go to one of each. But I think the walmart ones are the best quality.

asheets304 replied to LadeeEmpress's response:
they had the whole package....11 poses. 8x10s of each 5 x 7s....wallets...the whole nine. I just got an 8x 10 of each and made the wallets myself at home with my printer!!

Babyboys02 responded:
I have gotten my oldest pictures done at wal mart like at least ten times and my youngest once and the family pictures like 3 times but the prices do keep going up and its not worth it that is for sure..
this last time for family pictures i spent $375 for 8 poses and i ran out of pictures which i have never done if i wouldnt of had a cd adn my aunt let me use her computer i would of never had enough money to do my whole family
I wont go through wal mart again becasue they also screwed up my order..I didnt even get a whole pose they took i had to call and complain and then they still charged me for again and if it wasnt for the fact that i needed the pictures for family adn it was the family pose i wouldnt of bought them it so it was not worth it
Next time i do picture i am just going to have a friend take them and print out my own copy adn only pay like $30 dollars for ink nad photo paper..

asimpso82 responded:
I retract my past comment about them being decently priced. LOL I got Brayden's 9 month pics done and despite the smaller "package", a 10% discount AND a $25 gift certificate from someone I know who works there, I spent 295!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Were going to Sears for his 1 year portriats. I think sometimes they have bigger "sales" than other times but its really hard to tell when they don't give lists of packages until after you've got the pics taken. I got a small package last time for his 6 months that was 37 bucks....she said she didn't have ne thing like that.....I don't believe her. SO we'll be trying out different places. I just keep telling myself he's only lil once and were only getting pics 2 times a year after he turns 1. AHhhhh, motherhood. LOL

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jennifer. I am a 22yr old woman with a DH-Tim-23 and a DD (Phoebe)-11-4-2009. My DH and I have been married sense 3-3-2007. Our little gi...More

Helpful Tips

To WebMD
Please give us our old message boards back. I think you're going to lose a lot of users. Problems: * The newborn to 3 month board is ... More
Was this Helpful?
98 of 116 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.