Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Teething
jemms posted:
Ok, my little girl is just about 15 weeks old and I have been noticing signs of teething. The strange part is the placement of the tooth. Usually the first teeth to come in are the fronts, but I've noticed on her left side in the back, not way back but like the 3 or 4th tooth back from your front teeth, on the side of her gums there is a little white spot that is hard, like a tooth coming in, but its on the SIDE of her gums not under her gums. It doesn't seem to be thrush. But I'm really afraid either this is a very weird tooth coming in or just hanging out there or if it's bone. I'm not sure what to think of it, and not sure if i should call her dr or if i'm just over reacting. What would you do?

Queenjen87 responded:
You almost ready for your 4 month appointment. I would just wait until then and mention it to your pedi then.

If it is really concerning you, you may want to go ahead and call to see if they want to look at it or if they think it can wait.

HTH

jemms replied to Queenjen87's response:
She's not going to the dr until the middle of may so i still have like another 6 weeks to go. Would you wait?

Queenjen87 replied to jemms's response:
I would call on that one and see what they say. They may tell you they want to look at it, or to wait. You may even have to take her for a sick visit before may and thay can look at it then. (we just had to go for an ear infection, so you never know)

Spotlight: Member Stories

We are very blessed to have our Adam Michael born on 10-15-2009 at 7 pounds 11 ounces. We had two previous loses one miscarrage at 9 weeks, and one st...More

Helpful Tips

To WebMD
Please give us our old message boards back. I think you're going to lose a lot of users. Problems: * The newborn to 3 month board is ... More
Was this Helpful?
98 of 116 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.