Skip to content
Rolling over, sitting up... What is your baby doing now?
thaids posted:
My AD is 5 1/2 months, she's sitting up by herself now, she's holding her own bottle... she sleeps less during the day... she adores being outside, each morning we have to take her outside for a walk to look at the flowers & trees & her dog Gabby, lol.... I LOVE HER SO MUCH!!!!! SHE'S SO CUTE WHEN SHE SMILES OR LAUGH...

Anmar22 responded:
DD is 4 months. She rolls onto her stomach and gets stuck. She tries to sit up by herself, she looks like she's doing crunches. She slobbers and sucks on her hand or anything on or near her hand. Laughs and coos constantly. So cute and so much fun.

lynzeejo responded:
My baby turns 4 months on 5/5/2010. She can roll over from back to belly and belly to back. she actually rolled back to belly first because she sleeps on her side at night so it made it easier that way. she can lift her head and chest up on her elbows and its funny because she moves her legs like she is going to do the army crawl but she doesnt go anywhere!! it wont be long before i am chasing her around the house!!!

NattiePaige responded:
My son is going to be 5 months in one week and he is sooo lazy! He has slept through the night since 3 months and refuses to roll over. He has weight over 17 lbs since 4 months (now 18lbs) I just figured it would take him a little more time to move that much weight. He's not overweight at all. He is 27 inches long and in some 12month clothes. Dr put him on 3 meals a day last week (which I thought was a little early since I just started on veggies at 4 months) He is so intelligent and he sings and talks all the time. (not just coos, but babbling too) Should I be worried that he's getting behind?

mommy2thing1 responded:
My DD is 3 months old she is starting to roll over by herslef she has been sleep all nite sine she was 9 weeks old she enjoys tummy time and playing with her toys she loves goin outside if we havent gone outside by lunch time she lets u know it when ever she cries and isnt hungry or need to be changed she wants out she laughs at my DS all the time for them being so far apart in age they get along very well

alaska_mommy responded:
My 5 month old son can't sit up yet by himself, he can roll from his tummy to his back but not from back to tummy yet.
Still wakes up every hour to two hours all night long to nurse...wondering when he'll start thinking about giving me some REM sleep. Haha...I know. When he leaves home, right? LOL
He is the cutest little guy, very sociable and loves smiling at people. I'm finding all his tickle spots...his belly laugh is so infectious.
He even smiles at the cat and dog when they come into his line of vision.
Does LOTS of baby talk and is very active--kicking, wiggling, etc. I can tell he really wants to be up and at 'em!

alaska_mommy replied to NattiePaige's response:
I don't think he's behind--does he refuse to roll from tummy to back? Sometimes they do this accidentally from wiggling around.
My mom said with me I was a lazy baby--she would prop me up with pillows and I didn't want to learn to sit up by myself. She finally just had to leave me laying down until I got fed up with it enough to learn to sit up.
I'm sure your little guy will be just fine!
Mine is in 9 month clothes now BTW--he's about 17lbs now too. Chunky little guys!

marshac01 replied to alaska_mommy's response:
My baby girl is now 5 months (gestationally 4 months since she was born about a month early) and as of right now she can lift her head off the floor to look around, her head control is pretty good but still a little wobbly. When supported she can sit up pretty well but still has a hard time without support. She still can't sit up by herself. She coos and babbles saying O's and AH's, she laughs and smiles and is constantly eating her hands and fingers. When I hold her rattles and teething toys in front of her she will grab them and shake them and try to put them in her mouth. She tracks very well with her eyes and can recognize voices. She has ALMOSt rolled from back to belly but still can't quite get her one arm from under neath her. So we are still practicing those moves. Some times I get worried that she is getting behind for a 5 month old but then I have to remind myself that she truely is only 4months old had she cooked long enough

Marsha

mommy2thing1 responded:
my baby girl will be 6 months on monday and she has mastered the rolling and sitting up she is holding her own bottle and just about got the crawling part down every now and then she will fall on her face but she gets right back up to do it again she loves being outside we took her to the beach this summer and all she wanted to do was play in the water

mommabear3502 responded:
Awww I love reading all the things everyone's babies are doing now! My DS is 4 1/2 months old now and getting ready to start solids. His ped said in probably Sept or Oct he'll be ready for table foods & that we could start cereal this week. He's got such a bright, sunny personality and loves EVERYONE. When Grampa talks to him, he just giggles like crazy. He has been rolling back to tummy and tummy to back for a while now, and he's desperate to learn how to sit up by himself and crawl. It looks like he's doing crunches too! When he's on his tummy, he can push himself around on the floor with his feet. Of course he gets SO MAD when he's doing it which really seems to fuel his desire to get where he wants to go. We're really going to have our hands full once this kid is mobile. His sister is 8 and absolutely adores him, but I expect that will change the first time he gets into her room and slobbers all over her stuff.

Jackiek829 replied to mommabear3502's response:
lol mommabear! I have a 9 year old dd and she adores her lil brother for now too before he becomes the lil bother!! My son is doing about the same things as yours he will be 5 months in a few days. He was also born a few weeks early. He isnt scooting around on the floor yet but he is in his walker already and ready to go he goes back wards alot. And he can pull himself standing up on his feet if you give him ur hands! I think i am going to have my hands full with him also!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 32 years old and I have a 17 year old son Jayson, 12 year old son James, 10 yearold daughter Abbygail , and a 3 month old daughter Emily. My husb...More

Helpful Tips

Wake up WEB MD!
You've probably noticed that we've gone from posting several notes every hour to only a handful per day. The new system is NOT working so ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 58 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.