Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Rolling over
jessicarenea posted:
My daughter is 4 months old and had only rolled over a few times.. should i be worried that she hasn't done it anymore??

tamliz08 responded:
Nope!

Not that you should obsess over milestone charts, but here is one to look at...

http://www.babycenter.com/0_milestone-chart-1-to-6-months_1496585.bc

If she's rolled over already, then she's "ahead" of schedule. And it will happen a lot throughout her life where she will reach a milestone and then not do it again for awhile. For example, my daughter took her first steps at 11 months, but didn't actually start walking until 16 months.

UGAMomof3 replied to tamliz08's response:
I agree w/tamliz. My DD1 didn't roll over until like 4 1/2 mos. DD2 rolled over once a couple of weeks ago, but hasn't done it again.

jessicarenea responded:
thank you. it makes me feel a little better. that chart helped out. i know i shouldn't worry or get obsessed with mile stones but with your first child you want everything to be perfect... i know thats not going to happen lol thank you again.

jermanda23 responded:
Not to worry - my son rolled over once at 2 months old then didn't do it at all until 4 months. He just decided to do it one day and kept it up from then on. He's one now and he took a little longer than I expected to sit up on his own (6 months) and walk on his own (he just started walking right after his birthday). As moms we get kind of consumed with milestones, especially when other children are doing things earlier. There is a wide range of when most milestones occur and unless your daughter is way behind one of these time frames I wouldn't worry one bit. Babies will only do things when they are good and ready!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jennifer. I am a 22yr old woman with a DH-Tim-23 and a DD (Phoebe)-11-4-2009. My DH and I have been married sense 3-3-2007. Our little gi...More

Helpful Tips

Wake up WEB MD!
You've probably noticed that we've gone from posting several notes every hour to only a handful per day. The new system is NOT working so ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 58 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.