Skip to content
carriers
UGAMomof3 posted:
Anyone using a baby carrier/sling. What type do you use?

I really want a Moby....I think they have some of the best reviews. I found the Sevensling today and they offer the sling free (type "candie" under discount) with S&H ($11.95), but not sure about those.

https://www.sevenslings.com/index.php/cart

What do you think?

tamliz08 responded:
I use a baby k'tan and I love it. My kids are on the bigger side and it works perfect for them.

I also use a front carrier from infantino. It's the same thing as like a baby bjorn. I like it a lot, but it's not as versatile as the k'tan.

UGAMomof3 replied to tamliz08's response:
I had a baby bjorn w/DD1 and for some reason couldn't stand it. I really want a moby, but not sure I want to spend the $$$$ in case LO hates it. Hoping to find one on craigslist or consignment sale. I am going to look into the k'tan.

tamliz08 replied to UGAMomof3's response:
I know that Target carries the moby and k'tan cheaper than most places, but you have to get them in black or white. I got my k'tan $20 cheaper than what the actual manufacturer website had. Might as well get a used one though if you can find it!

Ooh, Ooh....I just got a BRU coupon in the new sale booklet for a Moby for $31.99 and I think I have a $10 off coupon. I'm going to call and see if I can use both.

tamliz08 replied to UGAMomof3's response:
BRU is crappy about coupons! I hope they let you but I really doubt it!

Megkate3 responded:
I have a question for both of you . . . I never used a carrier with DD1 and would love one for DD2, but she is already 15lb 9oz. Would it be worth getting one when she is already so big?! I don't know much about them, but I would need a front carrier at this point (for her head control) . . . Any thoughts?

tamliz08 replied to Megkate3's response:
I still tote my 2 year old around in our baby k'tan, and she is 32 pounds! The baby is almost 14 lbs and I'm using both the k'tan and the front carrier with him. I guess it's all about how you want to use it! I would totally say it's worth it, but I've always toted my kids around rather than using the stroller.

The k'tan can be used as a front carrier as well as many other positions. For bigger kids it's like a hip hold.

You were right....UGH...if I didn't love BRU so much I would quit going!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a new mom to Noah, currently 4 months... he is the most wonderful baby and the best thing that's ever happened to me :) I joined on here b...More

Helpful Tips

Wake up WEB MD!
You've probably noticed that we've gone from posting several notes every hour to only a handful per day. The new system is NOT working so ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 58 found this helpful