Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
not-so-sleepy
RACHnPHOENIX10 posted:
Hey everyone, I have a concern I thought I'd throw out there, and see if anyone can help me out! I have a son who will be 5 months old this weekend. I have him eating cereal mixed with 100% juice by spoon in the a.m, gerber stage 1 food in the afternoon, and then a cereal bottle at night. About the past week he's been waking up CONSTANTLY during the night, I can usually get him to fall asleep but I have to feed him, which is completely out of routine for him since weeks ago he was sleeping from about 9 p.m. until at least 6-7 a.m. Is it the fact he's eating 3 meals a day now that could be making him wake up? He's pretty spoiled too honestly, he'll cry and cough just to get attention to be picked up, I'm not sure but it's definately worrying me!

tamliz08 responded:
Hmm, I'm not sure.

It could be teething or a growth spurt.

Or he could just be testing you. :)

Lillygirl831 responded:
My little one is doing the same exact thing. He used to sleep from about 8:30PM to about 6:30AM and rarely would he wake up. Now he seems to wake up 2 to 4 times a night. I feel like I have a 6 week old again. I'm not sure what to do either. I fed him more at night last night and he did sleep better, but I feel like I'm stuffing him just to sleep decent.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Lauren. My husband and I had been ttc for 2 years when in Feb 09 I was at my yearly appt and the Dr came in to tell me that my test wasn't...More

Helpful Tips

Finding exchange boards...
Okay, if you manage to find the board your looking for, look on the top right-hand portion of the page. You will see "Join this Exchange". ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.