4. My most memorable moment with him was the other morning. He woke up and started sucking on his hand rather than screaming. I picked him up and he smiled. It was just really sweet. We had a nice morning together.
5. His newest milestone is sleeping through the night.
6. No foods yet. I plan to wait until close to 6 mos. I started DD at 4 mos though, so we'll just see when he's ready. I think I might make my own food this time so he's used to our food right off the bat. My DD is super picky.
7. I'm looking forward to using the jumparoo. It's so much fun to watch them jump around and have a good time while being somewhat independent.
8. Our biggest difficulty is that he wants to be held all of the time. He falls asleep in my arms and screams when I try to lay him down. It's really hard to get anything done! I just try to enjoy the snuggles while I can though :)
3. Clothing size: Mostly 3-6 months although he's getting more into the 6 months clothes now
4. Most memorable moment with LO so far: Sitting up while in my lap at 2 1/2 months. We were sitting in the floor-I had him sitting on the floor in my lap when all of the sudden he lunged forward really quick then sat back. He did this twice then just sat up and stayed up on his own. He now thinks he should be sitting up all the time LOL...
5. Newest milestone: He's discovered his vocal chords so now he's constantly chattering and making all kinds of sounds! It's quite funny to just sit and listen!!
6. Have you started any food other than formula/bm yet? If so, how is it going? If not, when do you plan to start? No foods yet. He's on a special program with his formula and can't start anything else until 4 months. We go to the doctor Monday and he'll probably let us start adding cereal to his formula and gradually going to solid foods.
7. Anything coming up that you are looking forward to in LO's life? His first Thanksgiving and Christmas (although he can't eat anything we're eating just him being here is a blessing and a joy!!) And I can't wait to get him a few things for Christmas we've been looking at!!
8. What is something difficult about raising LO right now? I have him at work with me during the day and sometimes it's hard to get anything done. He's had 2 bad sinus infections and when we're giving him medicine it requires a little extra time and a few extra diaper changes :/ but it's going a lot better than I thought it might. He's a great baby and really entertains himself for the most part! If we can get his nose clear we'll all be happier!!
3. Clothing size: 3-6 mostly.. there are some items that are 6 mos.
4. Most memorable moment with LO so far: the first time she realized that she can move her feet in the tub and make the water splash all over
5. Newest milestone: rolling from our tummy to back...
6. Have you started any food other than formula/bm yet? If so, how is it going? If not, when do you plan to start? We just started cereal yesterday and it was quite the experience. she took the first spoonful and make a yucky face and spit it out. too funny...
7. Anything coming up that you are looking forward to in LO's life? the upcoming holidays. her older sister is already planning her christmas outfit.
8. What is something difficult about raising LO right now? my other children are much older, so it is taking me some time to realize that i can't just up and go.. we have to grab all the baby gear. going to the grocery store is now like a roadtrip.
4. Most memorable moment with LO so far: Her big sister made her laugh (really hard) for the first time a couple weeks ago. Best mom moment seeing my girls interact like that! Also, she is the EASIEST baby ever . . . she's such a joy all the time!
5. Newest milestone: Laughing. She also can sit up by herself for a short period, but not even close to rolling over! She has no interest. :P
6. Have you started any food other than formula/bm yet? If so, how is it going? If not, when do you plan to start? Yes, she's had applesauce and squash so far. She loves it!!
7. Anything coming up that you are looking forward to in LO's life? Tonight I'm getting the girls Christmas pictures taken . . . pretty excited about that. Next month Charlie and I are going to Seattle Children's Hospital so start her on a drug therapy for a hemangioma that's causing problems with her lip and nose. I'm not really looking forward to that, but I'm praying it works, so she can stop having such a hard time eating and breathing.
8. What is something difficult about raising LO right now?The hemangioma!! It has given her a deviated septum, so she's snores all the time, and she can't get a seal on the bottle because her lip is too fat, so milk comes out the side of her mouth. Poor baby. She gets frustrated! Other than that, she is completely easy going and wonderful!!
Looks like we need a little poll to get things going around here
1. Age of LO: 3.5 mos
2. Diaper size: 2
3. Clothing size: 6-12 mos... my little chunker..lol
4. Most memorable moment with LO so far: every day :)
5. Newest milestone: Rolling from stomach to back.
6. Have you started any food other than formula/bm yet? If so, how is it going? If not, when do you plan to start? I haven't decided about when...prolly 4 mos. 7. Anything coming up that you are looking forward to in LO's life? Thanksgiving w/fam.
8. What is something difficult about raising LO right now? I have two under 2. WTH was I thinking...lol, BUT wouldn't change it for the world.
4. Can't think of a specific moment, I'm just enjoying them all.
5. Sucking on her toes. Daddy shouted "grab the camera!" She had found her feet about a week earlier and is now sucking on her big toe.
6. We tried rice cereal with a spoon at 13 weeks, then 15 weeks. I'm planning on trying again this week sometime. So far she just pushes it out with her tongue and makes a fantastic mess. She's been interested in what I'm eating since about 12 weeks, so I give it a try once in a while. I breastfeed, so I haven't mixed the cereal into a bottle.
7. The holidays will be so much fun!
8. She never lets me put her down! Same as a previous poster, I can get her to fall asleep in my arms but she knows when I lay her down for a nap and she freaks. We have a nighttime routine with swaddling so she'll stay asleep most of the night thank heavens.
3. Clothing size: any where b/w 3 and 9 months. depending on who makes it.
4. Most memorable moment with LO so far: he ALMOST started laughing when i was just talking to him the other day :) i LOVED it
5. Newest milestone: He's laughed for Daddy and Nana.. i'm still working on it. Last night he rolled from back to side.
6. Have you started any food other than formula/bm yet? If so, how is it going? If not, when do you plan to start?--Not yet. probably start cereal in a few weeks.
7. Anything coming up that you are looking forward to in LO's life?--The Holidays!
8. What is something difficult about raising LO right now?--Working. I hate leaving him. Right now he stays with daddy during the early hours of the day, then he drops him off at my moms until I get off work. My schedule at work is changing and i'm not sure how its going to work out :( .. i hope i dont have to take him to a day care.. notihng against those who do, but for myself, i know id be a nervous wreck. I like that he's with family.
4. We were on the couch, she looks at me and starts laughing so hard. She didn't stop for about 5 mins.
5. Drinking out of her sippy cup.
6. Yes, so far so good, food is no issue with this girl.
7. When we go to Germany to see my side of the family.
8. Nothing at the moment, but my husband will be going to work overseas in about another month or two, and I will have to raise her by myself. I think it will be a challenge, not difficult, as well as going to school too.
1. Jackson will be 4 months on the 27th 2. Diaper size 2/3 3. Clothing size 6-9 months 4. Most memorable moment: He slept 10hrs last night 5. Newest milestone: He rolled over by himself this week 6. Have started some food. He loves it. 7. I am looking foward to him being more mobile 8. I think the most difficult thing @ raising him right now is that he is a little clingy.
3. Clothes: 3 months she can still fit into some of her 0-3 clothes to
4. Moment: My most memorable moment happens every morning when she wakes up and i tell her good morning and she smiles and coo's back at me it is so cute
5.Milestones: She recently just started sleeping through the night and she lays on her tummy and kicks her legs and scouts it is so cute. She also has recently started teething. Just like her father her teethed at 2 1/2 months to. They have broke through yet but can deff tell they are coming.
6.Food: We tried cereal about a week ago but she was not ready yet so we will try again in a couple of weeks
7. I am just looking forward to seeing how she grows and all the adventures i will be having with her. Also can not wait untill summer when we can go swimming she loves water
8. I really have not found any thing to difficult with her. i was very blessed with Hanna. She has been a great sleeper, eater and every thing in between but I would have to say the most difficult was the fist few days we came home and getting used to being a mom.
4. She was around 2 months old when I was feeding her and we were staring at each other. She moved the nipple from her mouth and gave me this huge cute smile. It really warmed my insides to see that.
5. She is starting to laugh and I think I found her funny bone.
6. I havent started her on anything yet. I plan to start when she is 6 months old.
7. I'm looking forward to her crawling and me running after her. Im also sure we will have all sorts of bugs in the house and Im sure my bf will teach her to torture me with them lol. Can't wait!
8. The lack of sleep. When she was 8 weeks she was sleeping through the night but now she wakes up ever so often these days. So, im planning to teach her how to sleep and im sure its going to be challenging.
3. 0-3 month clothes- I've started washing her 3-6 month clothes
4. She laughed at me Saturday
5. She's trying to sit up
6. I started cereal a couple of weeks ago. I just give her two tablespoons in last evening bottle.
7. We go Thursday to the Children's Hospital here locally to see how bad the hearing loss is in her left ear. It's been driving me crazy- I just want to know what she can and can't hear out of that ear. Other than that...I'm looking forward to her laughing more.
8. There's nothing hard about raising her. I hate leaving her at the babysitter's everyday to go to work. I just wish I could be with her all the time.
2. Diaper size: finishing last pack of size 1's got size waiting to open
3. Clothing size: it depends but 3-6 months and some 6-9 months he is 13 lbs 6 oz big boy
4. Most memorable moment with LO so far: wow that one is so hard there is so many but saturday night while i was gone my mom made a video of him while my sis asked him questions and he will shake his head yes or no depending on the question it was awesome. my personal moment when reaches for me when i go home at my lunch break to feed/hold him..he knows the routine and he is grannas lil man his great gran watches him for me but when i come in the door its all about mommy his eyes lite up and he gets excited he loves me already!
5. Newest milestone: wow rolling over like a rolly polly he wiggles and squirms and just this weekend started grabbing at the pooh bear and tiger that hang across his bouncer seat and swing LOL he playing anf entertaining himself and its precious
6. Have you started any food other than formula/bm yet? If so, how is it going? If not, when do you plan to start? He LOVES carrots stage1. peaches ok pears he likes he been having cereal mixed in his formula since right b4 two months peds told us to becuase of reflux. baby food stays down even better just started the baby food in last week and half he hates peas lol gonna try sweet potatoes this week he prefers veggies to sweets so far hope it stays that way :)
7. Anything coming up that you are looking forward to in LO's life? he is wanting to sit up so bad and once that happens me and his big sis my DD is going to go and let her pick out his highchair she wants to do that lol she wants it now but he aint big enough yet....its gonna be awesome when he starts getting mobile and chases her he already tuns his head trying to track her he is mesmerized by his sis its sweet
8. What is something difficult about raising LO right now? his granna watches him all day she is his great grandma and raised 2 boys of her own and countless others in her family so i cant tell her to stop giving him chocolate LOL he loves it and she dont give him much but i really wanted to wait but in our family you respect the elders and she is babysittijng for free so i can work she is a blessing but he doesn't need something sweet everyday. He is a great sleeper for me at night but during the day its all about gran so even on weekends he wants her unless its in his cshedule for me its to funny he has his routine and i want to snuggle more but cant do a thing wiht him when he wants granna but in turn when he wants me she cant do nothing with him either he is so loved and blessed i cant complain. he loves being held and on weekends when i want a nap he wantas a nap too but if its daylight he thinks you posed to hold him while he sleeps and you stay awake if you try to sleep with him he will wake up its too funny his nanna my mom has given up trying to get a nap with him and tells me all about it when i get home there is tons more im sure everyone has tons more good and bad so i will hush now :)
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
The opinions expressed in WebMD Communities are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of WebMD. Communities are not reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. Some of these opinions may contain information about treatments or uses of drug products that have not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. WebMD does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.
Do not consider Communities as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on WebMD. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or dial 911 immediately.