Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
fever
sarahmcnally16 posted:
have a almost 4 month old who has a fever of 101, should i be worried and should i take hime to the ER right now??

tamliz08 responded:
No, just stay home. Did your pedi give you dosing instructions for tylenol?

tamliz08 replied to tamliz08's response:
It's best to take care of a low fever at home. The hospital is not a pretty place for an infant. Call your doctor's after hours number if you need help. If that's not an option, usually the ob unit you delivered your baby at will have a nurse available to take calls and answer questions.

If you are too frightened, then take your baby to the ER, but I don't recommend it. A fever is a good thing - it means your baby's body is fighting something off. Just try to keep him comfortable and get in touch with the doc.

tamliz08 replied to tamliz08's response:
How is baby doing now? Are you all ok?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi All!! I have a wonderful little baby boy who was born on 5/24/11. He is the greatest baby! So good! I have been blessed! I also have two brittany d...More

Helpful Tips

To WebMD
Please give us our old message boards back. I think you're going to lose a lot of users. Problems: * The newborn to 3 month board is ... More
Was this Helpful?
98 of 116 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.