Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Every two hours still?
earthangel05 posted:
Hi. I'm a first time mommy and learning as I go. My daughter is 5 months now and about three weeks ago I started exclusively pumping and bottle feeding. i thought that her every two hours would go longer, but I was wrong. She still wants to eat every two hours and eats about 4-6oz. per feeding and 8oz. right before bed. She will not go longer. She also has cereal at night before bed. I feel like I am feeding her too much, but am not sure. She is a big girl, but has always been. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

tamliz08 responded:
Maybe try adding in another meal of rice, fruits, or veggies for her. It sounds like the milk just isn't cutting it!

ntherelng responded:
Our LO was drinking us out of house and home at about 3 1/2 months. Pedi said that he could/should go to cereal when he was either 4 months old OR drinking 32-36 oz a day consistently. Now that he is 5 1/2 months, he's drinking about 30-35 oz a day and eating 2 a cereal meal in the morning and veggies at noon. We'll add in a third meal soon. I'd ask the dr. if she is gaining the right amount of weight. Just call and ask the nurse.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 32 years old and I have a 17 year old son Jayson, 12 year old son James, 10 yearold daughter Abbygail , and a 3 month old daughter Emily. My husb...More

Helpful Tips

Finding exchange boards...
Okay, if you manage to find the board your looking for, look on the top right-hand portion of the page. You will see "Join this Exchange". ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.