Skip to content
Every two hours still?
earthangel05 posted:
Hi. I'm a first time mommy and learning as I go. My daughter is 5 months now and about three weeks ago I started exclusively pumping and bottle feeding. i thought that her every two hours would go longer, but I was wrong. She still wants to eat every two hours and eats about 4-6oz. per feeding and 8oz. right before bed. She will not go longer. She also has cereal at night before bed. I feel like I am feeding her too much, but am not sure. She is a big girl, but has always been. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

tamliz08 responded:
Maybe try adding in another meal of rice, fruits, or veggies for her. It sounds like the milk just isn't cutting it!

ntherelng responded:
Our LO was drinking us out of house and home at about 3 1/2 months. Pedi said that he could/should go to cereal when he was either 4 months old OR drinking 32-36 oz a day consistently. Now that he is 5 1/2 months, he's drinking about 30-35 oz a day and eating 2 a cereal meal in the morning and veggies at noon. We'll add in a third meal soon. I'd ask the dr. if she is gaining the right amount of weight. Just call and ask the nurse.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am mom to Charlotte 3mo nicknamed Scooter and Orion 12yrs nicknamed Monkey. We live in Seattle and love the outdoors! My partner and I have been tog...More

Helpful Tips

To WebMD
Please give us our old message boards back. I think you're going to lose a lot of users. Problems: * The newborn to 3 month board is ... More
Was this Helpful?
98 of 116 found this helpful